As you can see, I've moved. I figured if I am going to do this then I best make it look at least semi not bad. I tell ya, what is with people, trying to find a name for a blog is a challenge in it's own right! Seriously people, if you are going to do a blog, then DO A BLOG. I had some great names and they were taken. I decided to go look at the sites only to find that they haven't blogged in years! Anyways I've moved on with a less than superior title....
New Happenings!
Guess what? There aren't any. Still playing that waiting game and I love every minute of it! But lets take this time to talk about a few things....
Your best source of information on me is from me. If you want to know something, ask me. Sure, you can ask other people, and they might be right, buuuut sometimes they aren't. I will try and keep this page current and if I want people to know then this will be a source to find out.
So how are things going? My default answer is always to say "I'm fine". I wish I could hear peoples inside voices when I say that. Only because I know they saw me do something like stumble for no real reason, or struggle getting up or down those last few steps or carrying something that seems like it should be easy.(and it usually is), but the balance problem can really fuck shit up. Funny Story time on that topic (the balance problem that really fucks shit up) -
I went to the dentist at the end of the day today. I might have actually forgot my appointment and I got that lovely call from the hygienist who is probably already annoyed with me because I skipped the last appointment for good reason though....honest :)
So when I got there I explained to the hygienist what's beein going on and of course she asked about things like medications and all that routine stuff. But I was pleasantly surprised when she asked me if she actually asked me if I want to change anything about the process of my cleaning. Do you want me to pause more often than normal? Is there a way you prefer to have the chair positioned. So I said "yes!", when the Doctor comes to look at things I don't want him to recline me to the point that I am basically standing on my head!", she laughed and told me that she would pass that along. Seriously though I find when I go to bed, laying flat is not a good thing and I have usually got to prop my pillows up or else I get crazy dizzy. So the Dentist comes and we chat about my health and he said that he will be sure to not to recline the chair so far back. So he put on his goofy little mini binocular glasses on and his mask and gets his little dentist utensils (I call them torture tools, but I believe it's just called a dental pik and mirror) So the chair goes back and he asks if that's good, I say, "That's your limit right there." So he proceeds to have a look and he doesn't say anything not even a warning and reclines the chair back further. So I yell out an ole "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!" as I grab the arms of the chair and try and pull myself upright. I of course startled him and he dropped his little tools...ooops my bad. He apologized repeatedly and it was all good and I just looked at him and said, "maybe next time just push me off the ledge because that pretty much what it felt like"
So I am down to almost a 1 month countdown to see the neurologist again. Part of me is looking very forward to it and part of me would like to find a way to avoid it. As you probably guessed I don't love going to the doctor, dentist, or anyone who in anyway is going to poke me with shit. It's all good though, if nothing else it gives me the opportunity to write overly exaggerated blogs that allow for some much needed dramatic value!
Peace!
Darrin
Comments
Post a Comment