You've heard it before I'm sure with others that deal with health issues. Some days are good and some days aren't so great. I still haven't really resigned to the fact that waking up with a headache is normal now. In what life is that acceptable? Apparently mine.
So what's a good day like for me now? Any day I get to see my daughter is almost always a good day. Yup, there are those moments I want to strangle her for being all MIA. When she doesn't return her texts or answer her phone. I may or may not have been like that when I was her age.
Being able to talk for twenty minutes straight without someone saying "what?", "excuse me?", or something to that effect. This rarely happens as what I generally find is that things are OK in the morning and slide as the day goes on.
Descending a flight of stairs with out thinking I am gonna stumble and fall. By the way I am sorry to anyone who gets stuck behind me going down a flight of stairs, If I know someone is there though I will always let them go ahead of me. Some sets of stairs are worse than others. I especially hate the stairs going to the bathroom at the theatre, usually because most people are in a rush because they been holding it in.
I could go on but that might get winded. What It comes down to is Facing the Day. Staying positive has its moments and there are some days I am pushed to the edge but never have I gone over. Knowing I have a daughter who still might need my help from time to time. Those clients who would be technologically screwed without me. Those family and friends who have seen me threw some tough times. The people who are OK with me sitting on an aisle when we go to the movies, because trying to muddle my way through one of those rows is NOT pretty. You people that sit there and laugh when I go on about my day. You are all Alright in my books! This is me saying Thank You to all those people in my life and making facing the day a lot easier. You all know who you are!
Happy Canada Day!
Darrin


Comments
Post a Comment