JUST A FEW THINGS…

  JUST A FEW THINGS…

It’s time to address a few things people are asking me about my health. This is something I do not overly enjoy talking about, so this message is not going to my entire friends list. I apologize in   advance to people that feel they wished they heard this from me personally. As much as I dislike it, this is the world we live in now. I would prefer that you don’t write lengthy comments on my     Facebook wall, encouraging words are fine, and good sarcasm is excepted but opinions and questions I will gladly answer just PM me.

I went to the Doc at the beginning of the year (because I finally had a regular doctor) because I was having issues with my balance (I don’t have much of any) stairs were getting difficult to go    up and down, my hands which always have had a shake to them started shaking a lot worse, my voice was cracking (yes like puberty all over again) and my speech in general was getting noticeably worse. I would work a full day and come home to do the “business side” of work like expenses, invoicing, taxes, and whatever else I did after hours (it was a lot) and just couldn’t find the energy to keep it going. I was waking up with headaches and pain in my hip and legs…I think I can stop there.

At the Doc we talked about some of my past health issues, family history and the fall of the Seattle Seahawks (but that’s another blog). I was then referred to a neurologist who to this day haven’t gotten a lot of time with. Big words were thrown around like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson Disease, ALS and a few others I am thinking he threw out there in case that wasn’t enough to make me fill my pants. So of course those who know me, know that my mother has a condition know as Cerebellar Ataxia. Is it hereditary? Yes. Does anyone else in my family have it, I don’t know exactly but nobody has come to me and said so. Of course when I mentioned this to the Doc, the first thing he said to me is “Does that scare you?”… In my head I grabbed him by the back of his head and gave him the knee to the face. But I swallowed and said “No, shit!”. At that point I was scheduled for a CT Scan of my head, bloodwork and a spinal tap. I have a follow up appointment at the end of July. So when I get information and decide to share that information, I will. Are you allowed to ask for an update? Sure you can, but please don’t be offended if I don’t give you the answer.    There is a time and a place and if I don’t like your timing or your place you probably won’t get an answer. The perfect example would be asking me in public where a response could get emotional.

I am leaving out the issues I have had with scheduling and other appointments in fear of going on a tirade of our broken medical system which again is a completely other blog.

Finally for those who I have shared details with and have offered their support know that I might not always say thank you or say much of anything. I am in unchartered waters here. But my  appreciation and love for you all is BIG! 

   So lets Summarize a few things…
  1. I have not been diagnosed officially. At this point I am just a dude that walks and talks funny as well as few aches an pains. 
  2. Feel free to ask me questions…but be aware you might not always like the answer. 
  3. Please do not confront my family especially my daughter to obtain information or my status. Your concern and positive wishes I am sure are welcomed but if you feel you need some       information then please come to me.
  4. Know that I appreciate you all more than you know! 
  5 .  I am still working and that at this point is not changing.

   Will I keep doing this? I dunno I am not really much of writer and I am sure some of my teacher friends and such are rolling theirs eyes to the back of their head with my poor grammar and use    of punctuation. 


   Peace!
   Darrin

Comments