Just So You Know...

No! I don't have a cold or a soar throat. No, I  have not been drinking because when I do stuff, shit sounds really REALLY stupid. Of course if you wake me up at 6:00 am, I do sound a bit hoarse.  One of the more frustrating symptoms I can't stand is my speech sounds pretty bad. My voice cracks often, my speech is slurred at times  and snapping off a quick witty comeback to your smart ass doesn't quite have the flow it once did. I stumble over words especially at a Drive Thru (again, that's another blog about drive thru's). Those who know me at all know that I am a pretty chatty guy. I don't usually back down from a good healthy argument, I can usually tell a pretty good story. With work a lot of time is spent on the phone and the longer I talk usually the worse it gets.  Now those who know me understand, I think. Well, you do now. But it's when I am talking to help desk tech support, another contractor, a vendor or any random caller for that matter, it's really tough to explain.  Am I suppose to lead the conversation with I have a condition that really messes with my speech so I apologise in advance? When I say I have Ozzy Osbourne syndrome, well more than half the time that goes over peoples head. Anyone got any suggestions?

Peace!
Darrin



Comments