Wednesday...the new Monday?

It's kinda funny, I expected yesterday (Tuesday July 3rd) to be a little crazy being the first day back after the long weekend and it was actually not bad at all. I mean some things with work didn't exactly go as planned, but that just happens.

Today, on the other hand there wasn't much to like about today.  Like many days I woke up with a headache which really is no big whoop. I usually have something to eat and go ride my exercise bike.  I didn't have the energy for that today though. I went to go pick up some equipment for a client and took it to a job for what I was hoping would be a very routine setup.  Well, that job didn't go accordingly and I ended up working through lunch which was really dumb on my part and it looks like I am going back to finish tomorrow. So I am working away and my phone goes off -  have you ever got the email, text or phone call that can sometimes set the tone for the day.  In my line of work it happens a lot! But today has been special....I didn't get that one call, email or text I got about 10 of them within about 30 minutes..some a little more urgent than others and of course I am replying to these clients and letting then know that I will address their concerns as soon as I am done. That didn't happen and one of the thing I do pride myself on is returning all my calls and addressing my clients asap. So the balance was not good there was a lot of stumbling today and the speech seemed bad too once I got some food in me though there was moderate improvement there.

I also had something else on my mind, today I was taking the 3rd trip since May to the optometrist,  the prescription I got just is not working for me, at all!  I am not going to go into a long explanation of the history of my vision. Shit just isn't working right and it's a very frustrating thing to try and deal with. Long story short. This is what has been  decided...First I am going to another doctor and see if they can figure anything different, which was something I was going to ask about, so it was nice that he made that suggestion.  The 2nd thing was he gave me referral to an Ophthalmologist who is more much more specialized and you know what that means...…waiting for a friggin appointment! The wait time is generally a minimum 2 months but realistically it will more likely be 4 months. So I asked if there is any way that can mitigated?  He of course said he will do what he can, but I think I will have to resign to waiting. I know what you are thinking... Darrin, maybe your vision problems are related to your current neurological issues?  There definitely could be some correlation there, so I asked my Optometrist if we should be waiting too see what the neurologist comes back with, after all,I have only been waiting since for what seems like forever and am praying that July 27 to come. At this point he said lets just keep going as is and if anything comes to light or changes then we make those changes when needed.  At this point I don't even know what is the right choice.  I feel like today has kicked my ass enough. If anyone has got any words of wisdom, please feel free to let me know. My mood is not good so lets just safely end things here :)

Cheers! Peace! and all that.....
Darrin 

Comments