Appreciate!

Let's be honest, I am not a writer but I do like telling a story.  It has surprised me how many comments I get that the blog is really well written.  Somehow, I don't think my grade 12 English teacher, my friends that are writers and English majors would agree.  One of the harder things I find, aside from the normal spelling and proper use of punctuation and grammar fails, is keeping my thoughts together and not be all over the place. I could probably go off in ten different directions and  this could be 10 pages long!  So I'll try to spit out a blog when I have a good solid thought or topics that are related. So lets see if I can keep to that strategy....

So I have communicated to the vast majority of my family friends and clients this past week and the support I have gotten has been amazing. I am so shocked with the personal phone calls, messages texts and emails it really is a humbling feeling, so thank you!  I do get some really interesting feedback on the blog, some people like it and some people...not so much.  For quite some time I have been hiding or trying to avoid my health.  Apparently men are stupid when it comes to these sorts of things and ya, I am guilty. The blog is many things at this point.  It's a bit of a journal for me firstly, but it's an easy way to get the message to those of you who really want to know but might not be sure how to approach the subject. Just so you know I am pretty open to talk about things though.  The other reason I do it is maybe a bit cowardly. It's kind of a bit heart wrenching.  I am not a big fan of seeing the looks in peoples faces instantly turn  and in some cases the tears start to well up because well, then tears in my eyes want to well up tooo and well that's just not a good look on me. Don't ever let that stop you from talking to me about it, I just don't wanna be that reason why you are crying in public.  In closing I just want to reach out to all my people that have given support and say THANK YOU, again! To all of you that are going through a tough time whether it be for health concerns or not, I have not forgotten you and want you to know I am here for you too.


Peace!
Darrin

Comments