I think I am going to start a collection of business cards of all the healthcare providers I have seen. As it stands right now I have 12 of them. I have more if you want to include opticians and pharmacists. Speaking of which, a few people ask me "What kind pf meds are you on?" To date I have not been prescribed any medication other than Acetaminophen (tylenol). That could change with my next visit to my neurologist, but at this time I take minor pain relief for the headaches and the soreness in my legs and anything else is a natural supplement (Omega 3, Probiotics and I tried Collagen). I haven't started smoking pot yet, I have tried CBD Oil and other forms of Cannabis and I can't be certain it helps with everything but the one thing I can say is that it helps me sleep. That in itself could make it worth it! I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet, but I probably will.
Physiotherapy (PT) - I don't love it, but I do it. I do 2 different physio therapies. I do a kind of therapy that is supposed to help me maintain strength, especially in my leg. Well I thought that was going well and if you have me as a friend on my Facebook and you read my posts you have heard that I have started to workout in the pool. I know I might overstate that they "threw" me into the pool, but getting in and out of the pool is difficult. For me standing in the water is hard and I do mean really fuckin' hard. Ya, the water is only 4 feet deep which makes it that much more discouraging and not too forget that the Physiotherapist is a rather attractive women and despite being a Green Bay fan is great at her job.
The second therapy that I do is Visual. The goal is to train my brain and eye muscles to work better together because right, they don't work so good. The tasks they get me to do seem so easy, but in actuality, they are hard for me. Standing upright with your feet together. arms crossed and eyes closed and you have to stay like that for 1 minute. Someday I can do it with great difficulty and other days I can't make 3 seconds. The eye exercise's are brutal, because they make you light headed and almost dizzy, which apparently is normal.It takes about 20 minutes for me to get back to my version of normal. I can safely say that 45 minutes of that wipe me out more than the other PT which is about 1 hour. Not to forget it is more frustrating because it feels like it should be easier.
The last therapy that I do is not physical. It is speech therapy. I have only gone twice so I do not have a lot to speak to on that (pun intended). I am not sure it is going to fix this puberty cursed cracking voice that I get when I am tired. To date it has just been tricks with my breathing, reading out loud and working on certain "types" of words.
So that's where it's at to date. The worst part about it is the cost, I do not have extended medical coverage, and my disability will not likely get processed anytime soon. There is no intention of giving up work just yet and to be honest I actually find that my "fight or flight" reflex seems to work a lot harder when I do work. So I will just keep on keeping on!
Peace,
Darrin
Physiotherapy (PT) - I don't love it, but I do it. I do 2 different physio therapies. I do a kind of therapy that is supposed to help me maintain strength, especially in my leg. Well I thought that was going well and if you have me as a friend on my Facebook and you read my posts you have heard that I have started to workout in the pool. I know I might overstate that they "threw" me into the pool, but getting in and out of the pool is difficult. For me standing in the water is hard and I do mean really fuckin' hard. Ya, the water is only 4 feet deep which makes it that much more discouraging and not too forget that the Physiotherapist is a rather attractive women and despite being a Green Bay fan is great at her job.
The second therapy that I do is Visual. The goal is to train my brain and eye muscles to work better together because right, they don't work so good. The tasks they get me to do seem so easy, but in actuality, they are hard for me. Standing upright with your feet together. arms crossed and eyes closed and you have to stay like that for 1 minute. Someday I can do it with great difficulty and other days I can't make 3 seconds. The eye exercise's are brutal, because they make you light headed and almost dizzy, which apparently is normal.It takes about 20 minutes for me to get back to my version of normal. I can safely say that 45 minutes of that wipe me out more than the other PT which is about 1 hour. Not to forget it is more frustrating because it feels like it should be easier.
The last therapy that I do is not physical. It is speech therapy. I have only gone twice so I do not have a lot to speak to on that (pun intended). I am not sure it is going to fix this puberty cursed cracking voice that I get when I am tired. To date it has just been tricks with my breathing, reading out loud and working on certain "types" of words.
So that's where it's at to date. The worst part about it is the cost, I do not have extended medical coverage, and my disability will not likely get processed anytime soon. There is no intention of giving up work just yet and to be honest I actually find that my "fight or flight" reflex seems to work a lot harder when I do work. So I will just keep on keeping on!
Peace,
Darrin
Comments
Post a Comment