This going to be short and too the point.
Winter is coming!
Ya, I know Ned Stark! Don't remind Me!
I lived for Winter. But now, not so much.
The first snowfall, the anticipation of first day of the ski season, the wind burned cheeks and runny nose. I could go on about all the thing I loved about it. But I still get a bit amp'd for all you that also look forward to it as much as I once did.
This year I have a lot of anxiety about snow. Getting around without falling on my ass is of course the biggest concern. I am taking measures to assist myself. Asking for help is still something I am get used to. Getting up snow covered icy paths, driveways and walkways freaks me out because it doesn't take much for me to completely lose my balance. As many of you already know a large portion of my work is at Sun Peaks and although it doesn't happen a lot there are situations that present the challenge of walking through deep snow. I am pretty honest with myself when it comes to thing I can't do anymore. It's a tad bit annoying though because I will be able to do a certain thing daily and then BAM the next thing you know, I can't. Going down a set of stairs sucks normally, add a bit of snow or ice.....you get the drift?
Peace
Darrin
Winter is coming!
Ya, I know Ned Stark! Don't remind Me!
I lived for Winter. But now, not so much.
The first snowfall, the anticipation of first day of the ski season, the wind burned cheeks and runny nose. I could go on about all the thing I loved about it. But I still get a bit amp'd for all you that also look forward to it as much as I once did.
This year I have a lot of anxiety about snow. Getting around without falling on my ass is of course the biggest concern. I am taking measures to assist myself. Asking for help is still something I am get used to. Getting up snow covered icy paths, driveways and walkways freaks me out because it doesn't take much for me to completely lose my balance. As many of you already know a large portion of my work is at Sun Peaks and although it doesn't happen a lot there are situations that present the challenge of walking through deep snow. I am pretty honest with myself when it comes to thing I can't do anymore. It's a tad bit annoying though because I will be able to do a certain thing daily and then BAM the next thing you know, I can't. Going down a set of stairs sucks normally, add a bit of snow or ice.....you get the drift?
Peace
Darrin
Comments
Post a Comment