I Need My Space!

 When I say, I NEED MY SPACE.  I mean this in the most literal way.  If there is more than 2 people within 5 feet of me, you're probably to close. Now lets be fair, if I am sitting down we are probably good albeit I am probably planning my exit strategy the minute I get seated.  Eating Out, sporting events, going to the movies, playing poker and watching a concert are all things that I enjoy doing and if I want to continue to enjoy these type of things I have to muster up the strength to do them because I know there are going to be crowds. Going to a movie now is not so bad. With the ability to buy your seats in advance.  I don't use a wheelchair (yet) however I need to have an aisle seat, as I don't have the balance to move through an aisle of people. As longs as I hit the washroom just before and don't go to heavy on the liquids I am fine.  At the end of the movie I will often wait for the crowds to thin out.  Those of you who have gone to movies with me know and respect this. Chances are if you don't like sitting near the aisles we don't go to movies!  Settings that are a little more enclosed though such as restaurants, house gatherings, poker games, sporting events, and even business meetings do require a little more thought. Spaces are a little tighter so getting around people, and furniture without running into a wall or another person requires more thought. Of course being social isn't always easy, unless you are right beside me the chances are you can't hear or understand what I am saying anyways.  I haven't really done many sporting events, but I did manage to see the Seahawks Mondays Night Football at Century Link Field this past season with a great buddy who had never seen a NFL game.  We sat in accessibility seating which I gotta say was pretty great, there was a separate entrance with an elevator that  went straight to our level with our seats. 
We got in and out with no issues at all it was great! Getting an Uber after the game really sucked, but now we know and can plan that better if I decide to go to a game this season. These are things I enjoy doing and am almost always willing to find the strength to keep doing them until I can't.

Of course there are things that I don't enjoy.  Trying to order something on the phone or a drive thru at times can be a challenge, online mobile ordering is the best invention ever! There is one thing I hate more than most thing, Grocery Shopping. It is here you seem to find the real jerks ....actually that is way to nice ....F@#$ing Assholes of the world! I especially hate going to Costco.  I have had my share of bad experiences there. Actually, just two but that was two too many!  I was there the other day and made the terrible choice of going when I knew it was going to be busy.   There was no handicap parking available but I did manage to get a parking spot reasonably close.  So I go in and got out and got back to my car and forgot I had my daughters summer tires, so I had to put the groceries in the back seat. You can probably guess I did this rather slow, because you know, I can't really move fast. So there was guy waiting for my parking spot and he honked at me.  This initially startled the crap out of me, thankfully the cart was right there or I would have likely fell on my ass. I then grabbed my cane from the cart, looked right at the driver and with a furious WTF look while pointing at my cane.   He moved on to look for another spot. I loaded up the rest of my car and went on with my day. Patience's people! Especially when you're at Costco on the day before a long weekend.

Comments