There are songs we all have on our playlists that scream a message to us. Talk us down when things get a bit much. Just level us. I definitely have a few. But there is one that screams at me a little bit more than the rest. THIEF by Our Lady Peace. I know the background to the song, Raine Maida wrote the song to a young girl who had a brain tumor and The Thief is that tumor. I don't have a Tumor in my head but I sure as hell got a Thief living up in there. It's like the lock to my body is broken so you just keep coming back and take something every time. You're kind of smart though because you don't come everyday, usually it's months between but I know there is not much chance that I will ever catch you and reclaim what you have stolen from me. I'm on about day 5 of headache which I am pretty sure is escalating this funk that I am in. Yes I have been to the doctor in the past but I am certain that this nagging headaches stems from eye strain which seems to be slowly getting worse. Yet here I am almost a year later and still can't get into an Ophthalmologist and its not for a lack of trying. Can anyone out there tell me what I am doing wrong it seems to be the same thing every time - insert teachers voice from the Peanuts here - I am at a point of just throwing in the towel. But just for now, tomorrow is a new Month! (probably today by the time I post this). I try and stay positive and when things go like this I want to take up drinking but then I recall the hangovers that can put me out of commission for days. Just writing things out here actually makes it better. Maybe I should take my own advice Don't Sweat The Petty, Pet The Sweaty. My job is always to fix other people's problems with technology and it help me forget my own. What is that called, deflecting? How about those Raptors?! ;)Peace!
Darrin
Comments
Post a Comment