It’s been awhile since I have written any kind of a blog. Not for a lack of things to talk about either; in fact, I would probably say that there is more than enough to tell you about, I just haven’t been up to it. 2020 has not been a great year for several people and here we are almost at Christmas and whatever you believe there is some good hopefully on the horizon in regards to this pandemic. I think that’s probably my excuse for not writing anything. The last year of people’s opinions and attitudes is enough to wear anyone down. Let’s hope there’s and end of to all that soon!
So, what’s happened in the last few months for me? I am on a waitlist for eye surgery in Kelowna. I am trying to stay optimistic about that. My biggest concerns are recovery time and how effective the surgery will be. Its not going to be perfect and it might not do anything at all, so really as long as it doesn’t make things worse it will be good.
I started a new job! That is good news, isn’t it? I am working for Sun Peaks Resort LLP. Those of you that know me also know that I worked with the Resort’s IT department for years about eight years ago. Things certainly have changed over there as things generally do in the tech world. A lot of it is the same and a lot of it is completely different. The job itself is very simple compared to what my skillset is but I am grateful for the opportunity and the team I am working with has excepted me and I hope that I am added asset to the team. Thanks to Sun Peaks LLP for giving me this chance and excepting me though. As for Rhinotec. At this point it is still around, I am not doing any residential work and I got to be a little choosy about the job I do take and there is a plan to be doing that for as long as my body lets me, but with someone else at the Reins. That is a work in progress, and one that will never be easy for to let go of, but like so many things in my life I will learn to accept it.
What else is going on? There are many things relating to my therapy that are being affected by the pandemic, but I don’t really need to talk about that. My blood results that got sent off to Finland, came back with really nothing so I am sort of a genetic mystery still as far as the sub type of my Spinocerebellar ataxia. I have had time to stew with that and like so many other things I will just say “It is, what it is”. There’s not much I can control with it and at first, I was very discouraged but I have come to accept the fact that I may never get the diagnosis I want.
My car broke down in October and I just got it back from the Dealership all fixed up. I, in all my years and vehicles have never had a situation where a 2016 engine has gone and needed to be replaced. This was seriously stressful as the repair cost was going to be over $5000 and my cars warranty just ran out. I am so thankful though that Kamloops Mazda extended my warranty and they covered it fully under warranty. There were a couple of times that it got to be a bit inconvenient but I was able to mostly avoid having a rental car. Another week or two the I probably would have tried to make a deal on another car which I definitely do not want at this stage of my condition, the hard fact being is that I probably won’t be drive much longer, and I have no desire to get a new car with new payments, hell I still got a year before this one is paid off!
I feel like I am leaving something out, but I don’t have the desire to talk about how Covid and this pandemic has affected my life, just know it has.
Peace,
Darrin
Comments
Post a Comment