Happy New Year Everyone! It seems like it has been a while since I have done a blog, or maybe just the right amount of time for some of you. There is a lot of stuff going on, so let me see if I can update you folks.
I did an another write up that was featured in the Kamloops Big Edition and Kamloops Coffee Talk. It was about my view on dating and all that. Those of you who have not read it make sure you check it out, it won’t be in the Big Edition until February, as it was written for a Valentines theme but Shannon posted it on her blog here so be sure to check that out if you have not. I know this is a shock, but it definitely was well received. Seriously, I always want comments and reaction from people, but this took me by surprise and all for the good. I am not going to be all sappy and shit but it was the ‘attitude adjustment’ I asked for. Thank you!
Crap it is cold! In the past years, the weather never stopped me from getting to where I need to go. It sure has lately. What was that on Sunday? I was stranded at home and I had things I really needed to do. Frustrating as that was, I survived, and I watched my favourite NFL Team the Seattle Seahawks loose which I'm sure make a few of you very happy. The Hawks didn’t play well enough.
Today is Wednesday (Jan 15, 2020) and to most computer nerds like me this is the day Microsoft retires Windows 7. What a crazy day and I didn’t even have to leave my home, you got to love remote access! I am getting a few thing ready for tomorrow as well. I am going to Kelowna tomorrow. This time with a great buddy and to follow up with my ophthalmologist about this new prism. This time I am trying to write all my thoughts down in my phone. Why can’t I write anything but ‘this thing sucks?’. I always joke that I am just going to stab one eye out and be done with it! The discomfort is so hard to explain. Sometimes it is good and sometime it is really bad! I think I am just going to cut right to it and ask, Why the F can’t I just get surgery? That’s a worrying thought because I am always scared to be worse off after surgery. But I am sick of always doing this with people...

I know they want to push me to the prism but do I really want Coke bottles for glasses, literally? At any rate, I hope the roads are good for the trip and we have a little fun tomorrow night!
You have all seen the post about that TV show that is filming in Kelowna? I got the word the other day that I made it to the next round of casting! So now I need to do a video in a week talking briefly about myself. What have I gotten myself into? I am very self-conscious about my voice and I know I hear everyone say ‘it isn’t that bad’. YA YA YA! It will happen one way or another because I have taken it this far, I have to see it through and this disease needs to be recognized on a larger scale. Yes, I am going to have to get passed my own hangs ups! I wish I had a little more time to prepare this, but I only have until January 20th. I hope I can deliver for all you Ataxian’s. We deserve this!

Comments
Post a Comment