There is strength, then there is strength and then there is STRENGTH! Those who have any kind of condition that is mental or physical know what I mean!
We all know about sheer strength, you know, the muscular kind? I am not going to talk about that. Then there is strength that shows how mentally strong one is. How we cope and persevere when faced with adversity? That thing we all lie about in our social media posts about how we get knocked down, but get back up. I am kind of kidding as many are true but sometimes you question those posts. We all need a little help and nobody likes being a burden to others though but if you need some help, why is it so hard to ask for it? I am a pretty good advice giver but I am a horrible advice taker. I work in The Information Technology field because I genuinely like to help people. Helping someone else helps me ignore the fact that I got my own things that I need to deal with. But I just prefer to solve your problems because I feel all smart and shit when I do and you think I am the best for a bit!
So, what is this third strength I speak of? Well there are some of us that have to have that extra level of strength. Some of us aren’t fortunate to have our health so you need to take the everyday issues and then throw in all those problems we deal with. Pain. That presents itself in so many forms. There are those days that are good days! You take full advantage of those days because you never really know if they are going to be back? But sometime the price is paid for having that good day the next day (or week)? It is even worse when life gets in the way and you got to do things like go to work and deal with what seems like a world of problems. I know that can be a big problem in my work. Normal day to day issues are part of life but then you toss in a physical or mental disability and things are compounded, a lot! Our bodies take an extra hit and sometimes we need to muster up that next level of strength and bring ourselves to do things because it’s what we have always done. Our mood is far from great and you don’t want to take it out on those around us, but it happens exactly like you don’t wish for it to happen.
With so much going on these days’ things are even harder, for everyone. But those who have a disability have had to deal with so much more because so much of their healthcare help has changed. Certain things we only have wait a few extra days, but some have turned into weeks, months or over a year. If you had a specialist appointment or a surgery that was just about to happen the chances are it has been delay by months if not years. Things like this are very discouraging but we still manage. Maybe you don’t think this doesn’t require any strength and maybe I am just overreacting, I can do that at times.
As always, I want to leave this open to discussion, what I say is often far from RIGHT! For me it usually about the moment and what I am going through at the moment, but having said that there are a lot of things that I choose to keep out. Feel free to share this, comment with whatever you want here or privately and ask for help if you need it. If I can’t give you the help you need then maybe I can at least get you pointed in the right direction.
Play Safe!
Darrin
Comments
Post a Comment