Did everyone survive the holidays? I hope you did, but I am always a little relieved when it is over. The weather this winter so far has been wreaking havok on my day to day but I am still plugging away. I did manage to go see the new Spiderman - No Way Home. I loved it. Definitely one of my favourites for that genre of movie. I might have read a comic or two in my younger years. Funny, we all know movies are more becoming franchises. I hate the fact that I am not going to be able to go to movie theatres probably sooner than I would like. The stairs are becoming way to hard in the dimly lit theatres, the crowds are obviously not as bad as they used to be but even with covid they are still there. If people make sudden movements towards me it throws me off balance. This is not intentonal obviously. Small children especially and people do not know this about me. It is just one of those things I have to deal with. I will probably have to start using my walker more in places like this. This is a hassle for me, especially in the snow. and rollators/walkers do not go up stairs. I have a wheelchair and it might be easier for me to get around in more crowded places but I am a pretty stubborn person and want to try and get around on my feet as much as I still can.
Recognizing people with disabilties is hard at times for many,I pressume. If you first see me sitting down (like at a movie theatre) and see me sitting in the handicap seats I get a few stink eyes. People do not see myself in a wheelchair, so occasionaly (its only happened twice to me) I will get someone approaching me and saying "These seats are for handicap people, you should not be sitting there." Keep in mind I am often alone in these cases as I do not make people sit in the front with me. (They can if they want to) Of course engaging with a person in a crowded, dimmly lit movie theatre is not my strong suit. The person doesn't necesarrily know that I have a tough time walking and stairs are a major challenge and that my speech is very poor. I will show them my cane and I do have a medical bracelet and a card that shows my condition (if someone actually wants to read it) not to mention I have my handicap card that allows me to park in designate spots.(you get a wallet sized one too)
Comments
Post a Comment