There are days where sometimes, just sometimes, I want to smack a person. Today was one of those days. In all honesty, I thought the person was joking with me, honestly. But the only joke was the guy on the other end of the phone today.
I occasionally have to call people on the phone, it's not always fun, but sometimes it's necessary.Today, I called the place that works on my car. It's a very rough parking lot so not the easiest for me. I called ahead to tell them I was coming and if it was possible for me to just pull up front so I don't need to try and take twenty minutes to get in. Since I was going to be by myself and the person on the phone said "Absolutely no problem". I was relieved. Until I got there. There was no parking available up front when I got there. I had been 10 minutes at the most from when I called. The abridged version is I found a spot , slowly made my way inside and I said to the guy "You said I could park by the front!" The guy shrugged his shoulders and said "Sorry Sir, you'll just have to suckit up buttercup." I'm pretty sure I just did. Ya, I throat punched that dude in my mind. I didn't really say much. I don't usually. My car was going to be about 25 minutes as they were just swapping tires. I waited. A bit later I paid and said they'll bring the car up front, I said nothing but thank you and left. The more I thought about it the more it kinda irritated me. Suck it up buttercup? I gotta suck it up everyday was this to much to expect? I guess so. I guess I'm not tough enough. No, I don't believe that. I challenge anyone to walk around with their feet tied about 6 inches apart. Take away their ability to talk clearly. Take away their balance, give them the constant pain in my back . Let me stop their. Just Suck it up, buttercup! I do this every day. Isn't that sucking it up?
I came across your post on the Ataxia Canada site & it gave me the first laugh of my day - thank you! Answering questions or fielding assumptions about my condition (ataxia-type undetermined) is my least favourite thing. SGK
ReplyDelete