These blogs are getting increasingly harder to do. I do them because I like doing them and hope it is somewhat relatable for someone else too. Typing has always been increasingly slow, but the editing part is getting kind of sloppy. Trying to track a lot of dialogue is getting harder as I try to proof my already horrible writing, after a few sentances my eyes just tell me to STOP. I blink a few times in a row, rub my eyes and press on. I want to move on to other ways of telling my story and maybe I will. Someone has to be willing to do it with me. So if ever you want to be in a Tik Tok or something comedic like that then reach out. If you have ideas let me know, Talking is obviosuly not my strong suit or holding a camera steady for that matter. I have some ideas and some techinical knowledge.
Let me talk about my newest friend, home automation aka Alexa. I recently recieved an Alexa Show. At first I was like what good is this thing to me it is not going to understand me half the time! Well, turns out for now that I can use my cell phone for most definitely not all of the function and the show is a touch screen so that works too.
It does understand my voice commands however, I got to make sure my volume in my voice is semi clear. Plus I don't do that very often. So far with a little bit of help I have some of my lights, my TV, the garage door, a doorbell camera. The thermostat is probably next, because maybe it is just me but the screen is so small on the thermostat. Yes, it can listen to you but you can control those feature and I don't really talk a lot so there's that. One thing though is that you are at the mercy of your internet speed, so the faster it is the better and it does not eat up a ton of data. If used right. Plus your wifi connection has to be strong, so if you have mutliple floors make sure it works before you decide to do something. I don't do stairs but can tell you, that you likely need a device like another WAP (it's a wireless acces point Cardi B fans) Boosters work, but I am not a big fan. I'm still learning and playing with it. I could talk about my new air fryer but nobody really wants to know about that?
I got invited to a wedding in Las Vegas. I couldn't pull it together this time. But a fellow Ataxic is tieing the knot. So congrats to Shillene. Vegas is my most favourite place. I haven't travellled on a plane since my diagnosis so that would have been a great trip to cut my teeth on. I will also extend congratulations to Val in September in Alberta. I know The Seahawks are probably going to suck this year but I do want to get down there for a game.
I don't know if this is a good idea but my daughter lost her Great Gramma last month. Omea was/is a gem. Fiesty,sassy, and just a trooper! I have not seen Omea for years. The last time was once years ago at Christmas a few years back very briefly. When the kids were kids they used to sneak upstairs (we lived in her basement) and ask for pancakes and she never failed, she mad them everytime. I know I will miss her, nothing compared to what my daughter is feeling, her brothers, her mom, and the rest of that family.

Comments
Post a Comment