What frustrates me? Not really an easy question to answer. Oh, what about having this disease isn't frustrating and I can't say literally everything? But here are a few things in no real order because things never happen in order, do they?
1. Talking to Me Like a Baby or Puppy.
I know, I have probably said this many times before but it is truely annoying. This does not seem to happen, but it generally happens in places you are being "served" like restaurants, retail stores, auto shops and grocery stiores. Perhaps these people just do not know? Although, I have a hard time believing that any grown human like to be talked to this way. Heck, I do not think any pre ten years old likes it. Save that talk for the small babies and cute animals, just not to me.
2. Being Ignored.
Now let me clarify this, sometimes things happen. The only good way to explain this is with an example: I sometimes (most times) can't go places by myself. Sometimes, I even buy things. So it makes sense to try to talk to the person who looks like they are paying and not the person who will likely just look at me and say "Ask him,he's paying", Occasionaly people do not know so you tell them and when they still continue I just leave. Not sure thats the right way it is just my way.
3. The Way I Talk.
I know how I talk and it sucks, for everyone. Mylself, you, for strangers EVERYONE. I will try tricks to speak clearer, I will repeat myself. I am a talker when I know the person I am talking with is listening its much easier. If the setting is loud it's very hard so I do not say much.
4. Explaining Myself
Not sure, you really need to do this, but it happens. If I want to, I will. If I don't I won't. But generally if someone aske me, I will tell. Explaining things is necesarry but you do not always want too. Pain, exhaustion or frustrations are usually the reason.
5. Not Being Able To Do Things.
I feel I could go on about this all day, but I won't, I am just going to leave this right here.
6. Being Slow at Pretty Much Everything.
I find tricks for the things I can. Subtitles in movies are one of those thing I cant't read very fast, and you can't always pause. Typing is another, but I manage. I do believe in muscle memory and typing although slow is something that will and has saved my butt more than once.
7. Writing
Love it when I go to fill out an new intake form and the staff expects me to be able to fill it out. I am being very sarcastic, but this gets extremely annoying.
8. Places That Claim To Be Accessible and They Are NOT!!!
Having an entrance to get in is swell but what do you mean I gotta go upstairs or downstairs to use the washroom? The washroom is for handicap people but the path to it is blocked? How do you get around that? Newer places have to be done to code, but here is a realization people, most places are not.
9. Lying
Saying there are only few stairs is fine, but discovering there are several and no sturdy railing is not. So if I ask how many stairs, be somewhat specfic amd say things like more than five. Lying about that sort of thing is small, but to me serves me no purpose.
10. Making a Mess.
There are many thing I can't help. Spilling and dropping things are part of the life. Do I like it? No, I don't. .
11. Mistakes
Who doesn't make mistakes? But don't assume it was my SCA that caused it. If I do make mistakes, I will own them.
12. Don't Blame Me.
This happens way to much lately and it's not only annoying, but it's just wrong. Sure, blame the disabled guy, nobody gets upset at him, right? Also, don't assume all the time, if I did something wrong , I'll own it.
13. If You Want to Know, Ask?
I think this one's self explanatory. Assumptions are not cool. They are wildly entertaining though because sometimes. The things people assume are so wrong, occasionally.
14. I Can Hear.
Here's a funny thing. I can hear just fine. If you are going to talk about me, make sure I'm gone.
15. Give Me Time to Respond.
Most of the time, I know what you said. But I can't always respond fast or immediately. Just give me a moment. I know what I want to say, it just doesn't come out like I want. I hate that because shit is usually funnier when you are snappy with the comebacks.
The list could go on and on. What are some of your frustations and or annyoyances? This list barely scratches the surface. Hopefully I explained it clearly.
16. My Eyesight
I do not think I am going to go into a ton of detail, but I can see. Just not....great? I rather not drive, if I don't have too. Bute legally I can, for now. The abridged version is I have serioulsly bad double vision that is fixed by prism in my glasses. Tolerable for a couple hours and after that, the peepers need a break. .


Comments
Post a Comment